Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rest Easy, No One Is Going To Die

So much to talk about it is not even funny. I am actually afraid once I start writing I will forget.

  • Stuff
  • Craftiness
  • Documenting a week in your life project
  • Women and Disney
  • Photography Project and the want for a Digital SLR
  • Dirty dirty men


So I bought a magnetic white board for my room. You know most women go completely nuts over shoes or make-up or other things. I go nuts over office supplies. You probably think I am kidding. But this is a serious thing....

[Okay I don't go THAT crazy]

... So I bought a magnetic white board for myself which I have wanted for awhile now. I was standing in Target looking at the selection thinking should I get this one... but what about that one. Etc... etc... it actually took me quite awhile and then I had to make sure it was in perfect condition. Never go with me to Target, we will be there for awhile. 

 It is early. But I am still excited about Dry Erase Markers.

Also, my friend Ashley sent me a link from this site from Wanelo.com WHY IN GODS NAME DID SHE HAVE TO DO THAT!! I am hook, line, and sinker over this site. Like seriously. Stuff, shopping, and things you find online. 

 Where else are you going to find an owl tea set as cute as this? It does make me want to go to Bella Terra and paint my own owl tea set. I think I have the craft skills to pay the bills. Ha Ha.

I also want to make buttons and I still want to paint Day Of The Dead Skulls and I need to learn how to sew so I can make pin-up style clothing. [Oh the list goes on]
I did actually start the Documenting A Week Of Your Life. Which I got the idea from this site: Documenting A Week It really is a brilliant idea and I am having a lot of fun thinking outside of the box. I cannot wait to see what the end result will be.

 I made this handy dandy little notebook as a mini-journal just to keep track of my ideas. By the end of one week I forget a lot of the little details [Which is why I am doing this project... To document little details.]

I still need to decorate my little journal and I will stick it into the Week Journal. A journal within a journal. Hmmm. 

So I am 100% sure I will have EXTREME mixed feelings from people about this subject and trust me I AM NOT TRYING TO JUDGE YOU. But Disney destroys little girls. Think about it.   


Think about it. As little girls we are told, "Oh you are a princess, you look so pretty, here is a kitchen set, you want to play with dolls, you want tea parties, etc..." We are raised to be dormant and to be housewives. We are raised to depend on men. We are raised thinking that one day we will find this guy like prince charming who will sweep us off our feet and we will live happily ever after. 

Uhm. No. That is not how shit works. 

It drives me absolutely freaking insane. Cause a lot of the girls who you see have had a stage [or are currently in one... or never get out of it...] where they have low self esteem, NEED A GUY to be happy, wear incredibly small outfits and act slutty [not dogging it. Do what you gotta do.] 
It's just we are taught pretty is better than being intelligent. Being passive is better than being aggressive. Being sugar and spice is the status quo. 

Excuse my language but FUCK THAT. 

If I ever have a daughter she will never be raised as a damsel in distress but I won't make her into a tom boy either. I just want a well balanced child [Girl or Boy... does not matter.] Who knows how important education is, how to stand up for themselves, who cares about other people, and appreciates the little things. So if I ever have a girl and you have her watch Cinderella I am going to punch you in the face. [♥ You have been warned ♥] 

I have noticed while blogging my thoughts are so spastic. As you can probably tell none of this is REALLY planned. I sort of just start typing. I normally don't even go back to check it... Now you are like... "Oh, that is why her spelling and grammar sucks" Yeah. Because I don't really care when I am blogging. It is like a mind dump. Thoughts and Ideas are just sort of spit out through my fingers and they just so happen to land here.

You are welcome internet.

 I want a fancy camera. I want a digital SLR camera. And I think my parents [Mom and Dad] should combine their forces and buy me one for Christmas. This will never happen because they don't read my blog... well my mom might. And it is like an $800 camera [Costco has PRETTY SWEET DEALS] 

I don't think I will ever get rid of my point and shoot because it's easy and it is replaceable. Drop it drunkenly a few times and whoops time to buy a new one. This camera would be used for projects. For a portfolio I would never really use besides making my friends happy. [You want to be a model... okay lets pretend... you have kids but no family photos. Okay why not. That sort of thing]

I am really looking forward to the projects in my photography class though. We are going to have to emulate the style of a well-respected photographer which will be assigned to us. Another will be we have to pretend we are a photographer for a magazine. 

The final will be a series of 20 photographs that relate to one another via a common theme or concept that evoke strong feelings. Other students have done things like the SPCA, A Boating accident and recovery, Graffiti in SF, The Navy Ships, etc... I have to come up with an idea BY September 29th. I am trying to think of something ABSOLUTELY AWESOME but I always do this to myself where nothing seems good enough or I add too much and cannot handle the load. 

*le Sigh*


Anyways. The male race is full of surprises. I just keep having REALLY WEIRD things happen. I don't know why some people do the things they do but I definitely can't seem to understand it OR trust it. I know girls and guys are capable of EVIL deeds, but I don't want to be a part of that weird shit... my goal is to be happy and help those around me to be happy. That is all.

o_O <-- I've got my eye on you.

1 comment:

  1. I love the owl tea set. Totally agree on the damsel in distress bit. The other day my 6 yr old daughter told me a boy tries to chase her at recess but she wants to play, i told her to punch him in his face....she giggled & said no she'll get in trouble. All jokes aside, i want her to be independent & value intelligence over looks. Joanna crafts hqs sewing classes.

    ReplyDelete

This is where you write and I read. It's a give and take relationship we have.