Seriously, I am to a point of being so happy it is somewhat concerning. Life has been a wild ride but right now it's absolutely perfect. I am sitting here smiling. There is not one specific thing that is making me happy but a list of things.
MEGAN'S TOTALLY AWESOME HAPPY LIST
- I have a roof over my head. Now sometimes we forget how important this is... but I was blessed with an awesome father who no matter how old I get he still is willing to take me back in. He wants me to be happy and healthy and to succeed. Without my dad I would not have much, he has been my stability and I am so grateful to have him. Even after the years in high school where I lost my damn mind and put partying first he still took care of me. Currently he does not charge me rent or anything else. He just wants me to be okay. Even though it would be nice to have my own spot, him giving me a place to live rent free means I can take care of all my debt and start over. He was the one who made me do a voluntary repo on my motorcycle which made me upset because it was my first big purchase but he knows best and ever since it has been picked up I realize how much money I am saving. [I love my daddy-o]
- I have an AWESOME job. Although being a bartender for the rest of my life is not exactly where I see myself... for the time being it really helps. I have been able to meet amazing people, the regulars are great and knowing that they like me is important, I have great co-workers... from the other bartenders, to the security, and even the manager. I could not have asked for a better team to work with. I make really good money from just working three days a week and I know that being there I can not only influence people but I can help make the business succeed.
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”
- My mom is back in my life for good. Even though we are 300miles apart. We talk more often and seeing her for a weekend made me realize how much I miss her. I miss my whole family as crazy as everyone is... I love all of them and they all love me.
- I have a sweet new ride. LOL. It may be used and have minor little quirks... but not having to drive my 92 Honda Accord around any more has been absolutely wonderful. I mean it got me from point A to point B and I have plenty of memories with that car BUT I feel more confident in the car I have. I want to keep it clean, take care of it, and make it last a long time. Appearance is not everything but you seriously cannot be taken seriously when you drive a car that looks like it has been beaten to hell and back.
- I actually have been attempting to dress more feminine... a little country but it is more fitting. I may not be the prettiest girl in town and I may not do my hair or make-up but I am confident... I feel good about myself. However, I have been thinking I want to start cooking more and eating healthier. Not because of weight or anything [because I could honestly use a little more weight... too thin is gross] But because eating healthier will help cleanse me from the inside which will complete the outside.
- I have ABSOLUTELY amazing friends. I have my BFF's who are always down for me no matter what or whenever. But I have old and new friends who also have my back. Even the aquiantences I have are pretty damn amazing. I have always known a lot of guys... but my male vs female ratio is balancing out. Having good girls [or the not so "good" girls lol] on my side is pretty sweet. Hopefully one of these days I want to get a party bus and just take all of them with me to party!! [Even my older sister who NEVER goes out to party... I love her too because she is one of my BFF's]
But yes. This is a list of why I am happy. I forgot to mention I am on the path of paying of my debt [including my car...] I have just been saving like crazy so I can pay everything off all at once. WOOT!