Thursday, September 22, 2011

Women, Men, and Other Random Stuff

When did women become psycho materialistic money grubbing machines in the United States? [Is this not one of the best opening lines you have ever read...]

Ah ha! I will tell you when. At the start of the 19th century! Basically this whole ideology of "TRUE WOMANHOOD" came about. What is true womanhood you ask? [If you are not asking. Scroll down to read something else]

Where women are not only domestic and submissive but pious and pure. Let me break this down for you real quick. This is the time frame where having beautiful homes with beautiful furniture and vases and throw pillows and all the extra Martha Stewart home decorating started to come into play. Of course you still had lower class families but they aspired to be a "True Woman." So this is the time that women started competing to have better materialistic things [I mean having a few cows was pretty awesome but... lost it's coolness in this time period] Being submissive led to the whole manipulation ideal. You can't yell and scream at your husband... but you can subtly change his mind without him knowing it. [The man is the head but the woman is the neck which controls the direction] The word pious was unfamiliar to me... so it may be unfamiliar to you here is the definition. PIOUS. Basically stating that women should devote themselves to the church... those who don't are not a true woman so women started being fanatics spreading the word of god every which way condemning those who did not.

AND THEN comes the best part. A true woman must be pure. When the word pure is mentioned it is meaning women are basically ASEXUAL [Free from or unaffected by sexuality] Women wore corsets to constrict their movement making them less sexual [Oh how times have changed] Basically all women were meant to be uninterested in sex. Women did not think sexual thoughts and DEFINITELY did not enjoy it.

Let us please bow our heads in silence...

My photography class ties into my women's history class too. The 19th century is when they came out with the affordable camera. So then came pictures, floods of photos.

So then came advertising and the whole mind manipulation thing came into play.

So class that is your education part of this for today. lol

_________________________________________________________

Photography class has SO MANY ASSIGNMENTS. It is the best homework I have ever been assigned though... that's a definite.

Anyways. I have some serious shooting to do outside of class too.
  1. Mother & Son shoot in Oakland
  2. 2 Baby Bump shoots
  3. 80th Birthday Event 
  4. Baby Shower Event
  5. Tattoo Shoot
  6. B.Y.O.P. kid shoot/Event
The more I do it the better I will get. Plus the class has some really awesome techniques and camera usage that will really help me.

_________________________________________________________

So this is where my blog erased all the things I wrote. >_<
_________________________________________________________

A few days ago my friend posted on Facebook something that really made sense in a sick way....

"Relationships are the new Single"

So if you think about it. Our generation [Mine, yours, and future generations] have to deal with not only trying to keep our relationships in tact even more now but you have to deal with other people trying to take what is yours. [Using possessive not in a bad way... but in a relationship way... you give yourselves to each other... just to make that clear]

Another one of my friends pointed out [which I wrote about in a different blog]

"I can pull girls who have their boyfriends with them. They flirt undercover and if I don't take them home that night... I can the next."

I know you are now thinking, "What kind of friends are you hanging out with Megan?!" The answer to that is blunt ones. The sad thing is it is the truth, I have seen it with my own eyes on multiple occasions with different people of different groups. People may not say those things but Actions Speak Louder Than Words. You will always have someone trying to dip their hand in your cookie jar. It could be because they think they would be a better match for the person in the relationship, that they are jealous, that they are insecure with themselves, they want a good time, the excitement of trying, or just because they can. The list of reasons goes on forever. 

I read a study awhile ago about how men and women were not programed to stay in the same relationship forever. It was actually that a relationship between a man and a woman should be in a relationship for about 4 years. Just enough time to conceive a baby and have it grow into a toddler. I disagree with this solely for the fact that people can live together their whole lives and make it work AND be happy.

Before assimilation and the ruining of their culture. Native American groups [Not all] had a way of relationships that Man and Woman were together and had a family within their community. When one or both were unhappy they could actually leave that union... no harm, no foul, no drama. It was not like a divorce where property was divided and custody battles rang out... things basically remained the same except they no longer slept together. It is a really complex topic and does not apply to all. There is a lot more to it but I just wanted you to catch my drift.

Have you ever REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLY thought about marriage? Did you know the Roman's created the use of the rings for binding two people together? And did you know the reason for the ring being placed on your "ring finger" is because they say the strongest vein to your heart was located in your ring finger. Ta-da. The diamond was not expected until later [Which was brought in by the church] But I mean all these expectations and ideals and traditions.... just sort of were put into place.... mostly in part because of the church.

Sorry. I am basically swimming in a sea of thoughts right now. So many different things to talk about while trying to re-create the blog that I had already written.

Even with all this negative Nancy talk... I still enjoy the concept of marriage. Spending your life with one person... knowing them... being able to depend on each other... being with your best friend for the rest of your life. That is what marriage should be. Two people together trudging through the muddy waters together and holding hands.

_________________________________________________________
 Finding my blog was eaten by the internet monster makes me sad. I think I am done writing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you write and I read. It's a give and take relationship we have.