Thursday, September 29, 2011

Why Of Course I'm Flashy

I LOVE Photography 35

I have sooooooooooooooo much work to do though.
  • 10 Guidelines of Composition
    • Two examples of strong focal points
    • Two examples of rule of thirds
    • Two examples of worms eye view
    • Two examples of  birds eye view
    • [You have probably stopped reading by now] 
    • Two examples of sense of scale
    • Two examples of  diagonals
    • Two examples of leading lines
    • Two examples of  simplicity
    • Two examples of truncation
    • Two examples of  S-Curve
    • Two examples of C-Curve
    • Two examples of  selective focus
    • Two examples of frame within a frame
    • Two examples of  repetition

  • Mystery Object
    • The class was given an envelope with a "Mystery Object" 
      • The object must illustrate what that object symbolizes to us personally
      • The object must be in at least ONE photo of the Ten.
    • My object is a guitar pick
      • Paint someones face like a KISS member then use the guitar pick as an eye patch and have the person biting a drum stick
      • Have someone sitting at a piano
      • Have someone use my Acoustic guitar dressed country next to a person with my dad's electric guitar in a stare down
      • Have Joey and Ezra DJ'ing
      • Have two people in a rap battle
      • Have people "Raving" with glow sticks
      • I need to find someone with a Saxophone
      • Karaoke Bar
      • Have a little ballerina
      • AND have someone listening to earphones 

  • My Final Project [Which is not due until December] is 20 pictures that evoke emotions
    • Here is my proposal that was accepted:
I would like my final project to be titled the “Evolution of the tiny Princesses.” The main objective of this project is to portray how society attempts to influence how little girls are supposed to turn out and how reality is very much different. The concept will be about how female children are born into the state of every little girl is a princess. As parents continue to feed their little girl’s ego and minds full of fairytales and pretty things, little girls then grow up and realize life has no story book ending.

Using both people I know and a few of naturally occurring events I would like to base my project on women from infancy into their mid-twenties. I have friends with children ranging from newborns to girls around the age of ten. Many of the girls have an assortment of toys, movies, and outfits that depict how society and their parents see them. Many adult women have agreed to let me use them as models for the “grown-up” portion of the project. I have a few events coming up ranging from the bar scene in San Francisco to Motorcycle Rally’s and Fire poi events. The adult photos will show how many women of my generation have molded into different aspects of society and some of them not so pretty and some more independent and beautiful.

The idea of the project is to show the many different sides to the once pink and frilly childhood of women that are now their own people with their own ideas, thoughts, and interests. The evolution of young women in a series of photographs that I believe many people will be able to relate to. Although each photo will be unique the theme will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you write and I read. It's a give and take relationship we have.