Sunday, May 29, 2011

A house is not a home... Until I make it one.

I know I have been talking about it for awhile but since the work has been completed on the patio I was thinking about building a trellis. 

< Similar to this one but less complicated. And I want it to be white. It would go near our bedroom window and I will have climbing flowers going up the side. Since there is NO DIRT in the backyard I will have to also build flower boxes on the sides. I dunno. Maybe I am just dreaming. I think I am capable though. 

Then I can place a bench underneath it. It would be a great place to relax, drink tea, and think about life. Plus, I know Joey really wants a bench. When I was going on my tangents about having patio furniture he would always add, "And A Bench".. I just kept thinking there will be no room for a table chairs and a bench. But this NEW idea would probably have room for it. Plus a table is not a necessity. It would just be an added benefit. However, Side tables are simple so it would work out. 

One thing I have been thinking about is that the only place that has ever felt like home was my dad's house. I grew up there. It was always home. Yet recently as I have been cleaning and slowly organizing this condo has been more homey. I have moved out of my dad's to live with Chris two other times. Once into an apartment with Chris, Marvin, and Jose (where the situation was similar to the Joey/Nina situation... except I was Nina.) and then I moved out again and lived with Chris, Cipriano, Joey, and Kyle. An interesting living situation. Most people remember me as: 

  1. Hiding in my room
  2. Attempting to clean
  3. Coming downstairs yelling at everyone
  4. Bringing home homeless dogs
We had a year lease... I left half way through. It just was not the place for me. Although there were good times, I just was not cut out for handling it. 

So now living in the ghetto in a small condo, I am happy. I mean it sucks living in the ghetto, but it is my ghetto. 

So I was thinking as another awesome idea, I wanted to make the floating bookshelves. It would save space but still look sorta neat. 
 
All in time. But for now the immediate thing I need is a new washer and dryer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you write and I read. It's a give and take relationship we have.