Monday, July 4, 2011

Alone on the 4th of July evening...

Totally my choice. It just gets so chaotic where people all need to be everywhere and it's this game of follow/call/yours vs. mine/there/here etc.. Honestly. It's a vacation to celebrate our independence from Great Britain. 


Something like valentines day. Hyped up marketing. Sheesh.


Anyways. I felt as though I would rather stay home and relax instead of dealing with the whole drinking and driving crowd. I've already got one DUI I don't need a second thank you very much. PLUS I am not a huge fan of traffic. 


So here I am. Sitting at the condo doing laundry, drinking a beer, and writing a blog. 


A topic came up over the past weekend that I had forgotten about because people I KNOW are not a part of it. So you know that "Gangsta rap"... you know... that derogatory, chauvinistic, pig like rap. Uh huh... yeah. I HATE THAT. I hate the thought of it and it has been so long since I have heard it or been around anyone who even talks like that.


So this weekend I heard someone over the phone  (background noise) saying really really really rude messed up things. I want to explain to you what they were... but I can't bring myself to repeat it. ANYWAYS. SO This guy is ranting and raving derogatory remarks about women and my rage gauge went from 0 to 50 billion in two sentences. I felt my heart start racing and my face get hot. He thought he was being funny impressing the guys... but all I could think of was getting in my car driving to the place, walking up to him and HEAD BUTTING HIM AS HARD AS I POSSIBLY COULD then SMASHING HIS FACE INTO THE GARAGE FLOOR and repeating the words he said... and asking if it was worth the "cool" factor.


WooSaa.. Yeah. Not okay. I know it's just a young guy thing... but hearing it automatically struck a cord. I am not sure why the whole male degrading females thing pisses me off so much and I know that violence does not cure stupidity. 


I also hate being referred to as white girl. Yes, I know I am white... I am also taller than you, blonde, and I have an excellent smile. *Middle Finger To You Asshole*


Yeah. So that's enough about that. 


I hope everyone has a happy, safe, 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is where you write and I read. It's a give and take relationship we have.